Unity is not just a name, but a principal belief. We are stronger than the sum of our parts. Our internal teams work together to serve each other selflessly and professionally to deliver on client mission objectives. Continual training for technical operations and job site safety are paired with mentor-ship and career growth opportunities for personal development. We are always hiring great people.
We are looking to hire an entry level assistant Electrical Estimator/Project Manager to manage projects from cradle to grave. Working with various customers you will determine the approximate costs of various electrical installations for commercial, industrial and residential projects. The responsibilities include meeting with clients to evaluate requirements, work with technical teams to design, quote and deliver pricing, and then communication with clients and internal teams to deliver on project requirements. Once awarded a project, you would source materials, coordinate trades and deliveries, work with dispatch and crew leaders to deliver exceptional customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
● Client first attitude. Great customer service and communication skills.
● Humble display of leadership, ensuring team unity and growth.
● Creatively analyzing and solving problems with various electrical controls and systems.
Duties And Responsibilities
● Depth of knowledge with a wide variety electrical materials and methods of installation; Knowledge of the N.E.C. and local codes;
● Understand basic circuitry for power and lighting.
● Understand and accurately interpret construction documents (drawings, specifications, contracts/general conditions) at all levels of design as they relate to the electrical work
● Strong Verbal, Written and Computer Skills; MS Word, Excel
● Demonstrate outstanding analytical problem solving skills
● Demonstrated organizational abilities and attention to detail
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Understand state and local building codes, and know OSHA safety requirements
● Prepare and coordinate full cost estimates for design-building and bid-spec work
● Review proposal specifics and drawings to determine the scope of work and required estimate contents
● Ensure that quotes prepared are of high accuracy and reliability
● Analyze blueprints to determine wire lengths as well as suitable outlet placement based on electrical codes.
● Determine the amount, type, and cost of materials and fixtures needed for each electrical project.
● Determine the amount of labor required to complete each project.
● Conduct site visits and attend bid meetings
● Communicate with clients, vendors, engineers, architects, building officials, owners, contractors and subcontractors,
● Communicate with internal sales, accounting and operations teams.
● Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages
● Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
● Journeyman Electrician or equivalent experience
● Strong computer skills
● Speak and understand English fluently
● Must be able to pass background check
● Must have reliable transportation
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions..
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Contact Brian Ducharme for additional information:
Unity Powers Life!